What happened was....

 So, it has been a long time, hasn't it?

Life has been different for all of us, 2020 started off with massive potential - I was working on commissions and under NDA's, then COVID came along and the rug got pulled from all my projects.

Where one door closes and all that...

I switched my attention and skills to the aid effort. Over the first few weeks of lockdown, I petitioned my school to allow me to re-open my department to make PPE. I worked with a wider charity group to develop and produce a wide range of PPE and helpful products.

A 2 person technician team, we became an R&D think-tank and provided for our local hospitals, carers and even to the team developing the vaccine in Oxford. Often we made a difference just by providing customised PPE for individuals who couldn't use what was available. It was a busy and exhausting journey.

Eventually, the schools opened up again, to a whole new set of challenges.... back to R&D in a different form where I developed what I affectionately call "doggy-bag projects" for our students. Practical work was difficult being spread over zones and bubbles, so a little bagged project that could be done anywhere, including isolation, that was fun and educational was the order of the day. The Grabber bag came about, and I'll do a separate post on that.

I did manage a few bits of personal projects here and there, again posts and pictures to follow now I am back (thanks to a couple of comments bringing me back to the blog, cheers guys).

Since COVID came about, I have never been so busy - possibly a victim of my own success, but more realistically a victim of my own bright ideas and biting off more than I can chew....

I mean, who decides to pretty much rip down and reinvent an entire school department thinking they can pull off a year's worth of work in a couple of months.....

Comments

  1. I've just discovered your work on The Null Shard and it's excellent. I'm a huge fan of the Room Games and a 3d modeler, really I now call myself a Maker. Somewhat like you I've developed skills to create things I see. I run a small model making business. I do silicon mold making and resin pressure casting among other skills. I am just asking if there is any way to get a casting/piece of the shard side that I may remold and cast to make my own. Let me know and keep publishing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my email realized it did not appear above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, forbiddenzoneinfo@gmail.com

      Delete

Post a Comment